- The Boundary Seed Bank was formed in early Spring 2009, as a community initiative under the GFBRAS, by a small group of interested folks.
- We publicised meetings and had a great turnout of between 35-45 people for the first few meetings.
- We had a small table at the Community Seed Exchange event
- We have about 10 growers who have taken seed bank seed – grown them out and will be continuing to add to the original volume.
- We have a stash of seeds in a “bank”, around 150 varieties in small quantities—currently under the care of Anisah Madden—which are being cataloged into a database.
- These will need to be grown out in subsequent years to see their suitability for our purposes. Some of these are local, many are donations from Dan Jason of the Salt Spring Seed Sanctuary.